Friday, January 22, 2010

Mission Inn it Ain't

That’s right, it’s much, much better

Peggy’s Christmas Bunco


I see that I have been a slacker keeping current with our Bunco blog. Perhaps if I had a following….maybe some readers…maybe one reader, I would be motivated. I am but a simple person and it takes no more than one (that’s right one) pat on the back to encourage me to keep this blog current.
But alas….nothing.


Now that I am over not being appreciated I shall continue with the Christmas Bunco post.

Christmas Past

In the past, as you all remember, we would meet at the Mission Inn for $10.00 Lemon Drops and then dine for a mere $75.00 dinner on the patio…enjoying bad service and being required to open our own bottles of wine (under the table) so as not to add a $60.00 corkage fee to our meal.
We were forced to refer to ourselves as retired strippers or
as a red hat club.
Oh those were the days.
NOT!!

Christmas Present



We have gotton smarter in our old age….some of us older than others …. (I’m just saying).  
Bunco dinner is now a group project.
Peggy, our hostess, sets a table fit for 12 (or 13) Queens of royal lineage. She gives us glitz, sparkle, bling and elegance.
Let me refresh your memories.

Are you remembering how gorgeous it was?


and we haven't even gotten to the food yet.


Our table was set for 13 pajama clad ladies.

Nice dishes Peggy...


I think this may have been my placesetting. 
I think it was nicer and more special then everyone elses.

We ate (and ate, and ate)



There are a few recipes from this night.  Cynthia's
delicious garlic bread recipe will follow this post.



 and we need Patty's pasta fusuli soup recipe.


Every one of our ladies prepared and brought an Italian dish...creating

quite the Italian feast.


and we drank



and were merry...after all it was Christmas bunco


Bartender extrodinaire


Kitchen helpers?

Are we having fun yet? 


Even Rosie got into the act...wearing some bling.  This was only one picture
from her photo shoot.


Okay ladies,  which ever recipe is yours email it to me so I can post the recipe.
This was soooooo yummy


Debbie... you are too funny.


Peggy's house was gorgeous



Oh Christmas tree


Beautiful decorations













Christmas Future

Until next Christmas bunco...thank you Peggy.
It was absolutely devine and we
appreciate all of the hard work, effort and love
you put into it for us.  We love you.


Even the dice were sparkly...
Merry Christmas

1 comment:

peggy said...

Thank you, Maryrose! I do love reading your blogs...you do have a poetic way with words. Is that enough encouragement to keep you going! And seriously your photos are lovely..especially my little Rosie!