Monday, January 25, 2010

Julie and Julia
(which is one and the same)

Julia's January Bunco

Julia greeting us at the door .... in her pearls
and 50's style hat.




and of course her great smile and a beverage.

As I entered her lovely home I was greeted by other women in pearls and 50's styled hats. This of course mad me loudly exclaim "Heellllloooooo"

in my best imitation of Julia Child
and I was greeted back with the same exclamations.




Well as you may have guessed... we all received a strand of pearls and could choose from an array of bygone era hats (about 15 or so) that had belonged to Julia's grandmother.

Shelley and Diana



Vivian... cheers (I think Vivian loved her hat so much she
may have taken it home)



Pretty Peggy





The significance of the name tags was to symbolize 3, for the
number of women who wrote
"Mastering the Art of French Cooking"
and the French words for French Cooking School.

Here is Julia's sister Sally, who was visiting for Bunco and helped Julia with the delicious spread.

Sally also owns a gorgeous place in Palm Springs that we have been lucky enough to
stay at. 
Thanks Sally.



We enjoyed quite the spread.  Delicious chicken salad
sandwiches on croissants with all the accompaniments, assorted beautiful fruit and a dip with lornas...what was that
delicious dip Julia?

We also enjoyed assorted beverages to everyone's liking


and of course, one of the most important items....dessert!!!!





The pearl ritual with Charissa



and the finished product, she did need
to change out the ball cap.





Perfect for Patty...
This hat
fit on no one's head but Patty, and
I thought I had a small head.  But it was perfect for Patty


Patty .... you are toooo cute!



Julia bestowing pearls on Tammie



Princess Katina, in the hat saved especially for her.





A view of Shelleys from behind...we all agreed she was dressed the part too





Cynthia in her hat and pearls





And the last straggler....Lisa... joining right in.





Tammie and Julia





The whole gang in our hat and pearl glory.





Thanks Julia for an outstandingly fun time.



You are the only "Julia"


Bon Appetit!

3 comments:

peggy said...

What a fun night that you captured with your photos!! Your photos are great...I love, love, love the group shot! I really enjoyed reliving the evening though Maryrose's eyes and lens!

Unknown said...

I finally looked at the Bunco Blog. It's FABULOUS!! What have I been missing all these months? It's so much fun to relive the fun! Thank you for posting these great nights. I agree with Peggy. KOVE the group photo from Julie's Bunco. Do we get a copy? I'd love to frame it.

Unknown said...

Oops! KOVE means LOVE!!!